We utilize recycled paper for some of our products.
This is how it effects the environment and your cost:
- SAVING THE TREES_Recycling paper preserves trees and forests. Every ton of recycled paper saves about 17 trees. Recycled paper serves as an environmentally friendly resource for paper manufacturers, saving costs and energy.
- REDUCED GREENHOUSE GAS_According to the EPA, recycling one ton of paper can reduce greenhouse gas levels by one metric ton of carbon equivalent.
- SAVING ENERGY_Recycling one ton of paper saves energy equivalent to the energy needed to power the average U.S. home for six months and saves about 7,000 gallons of water. Making recycled paper into new paper products saves energy and water because the number of energy-intensive steps and processes that use water are reduced.
We utilize Soy based Ink on our business cards and other products.
This is how it benefits the environment and your cost:
- BETTER QUALITY_Soy inks have a tendency to produce brighter and sharper images than regular inks. This is because soybean oil is naturally clearer than most petroleum-based ink. With soy ink, you can give your logo a vibrant look that’s just not possible otherwise.
- LESS INK_The price of soy ink is comparable to petroleum-based ink. But since printing with soy-based ink produces especially high-intensity colors, it often requires less ink than conventional printing. This means that with soy-based printing, you’re getting the most out of your money.
- HEALTHIER_Using soy-based ink is great for the environment when compared to other inks; it’s particularly notable for its low levels of Volatile Organic Compounds (VOC’s), less than one fifth of the amount produced by petroleum-based inks. VOC’s are pollutants which evaporate in sunlight, and are unhealthy for both the environment and human beings. Using soy ink ultimately produces less air pollution and health hazards.
- BIODEGRADABLE_When recycling paper, any printed ink has to be removed first. Paper printed with soy-based ink has a faster rate of dirt removal during the de-inking process, which makes it easy to recycle. Additionally, soy ink is more than four times more biodegradable than standard ink, so even paper that isn’t recycled will have less environmental impact.
- LESS ENERGY_Naturally, soy ink is made from soybeans, a renewable resource (unlike standard petroleum). What’s more, it’s actually made from a byproduct of soybean farming. This means that no new crops need to be harvested to create soy-based ink. Also, soybeans require very little irrigation and only a small amount of energy to cultivate.
We are proud to offer these options for you. The choices we make today effect our future and the future of our children.